Porcelain tiles date back to the 15th century according to archaeologists. These tiles were widely used in south-east Asia and Europe. Since then, porcelain titles have been a popular choice for homeowners despite changes in production technologies, textures, and patterns. Porcelain tiles persist as one of the most popular options when it comes to flooring. Porcelain titles are often confused with ceramic tiles, we will clear the misconception and give a thorough idea about the making, application, and significance of glazed porcelain tiles.
What are Glazed Porcelain Tiles?
Porcelain is a type of tile that is entirely different from ceramic tiles, both are often confused as the one. Glazed porcelain tiles are made by exposing kaolin clay with fine ground sand and feldspar. The mixture is then exposed to a temperature of more than 1200 degrees Celsius. The above-mentioned is also known as vitrification. The process helps to expel moisture from the tile thus making it water-proof while increasing the strength of the tile. Glazed porcelain tiles are often denser when compared with other forms of common tiles, such as ceramic tiles.
A peculiar feature of porcelain tiles is their exceptionally low water absorption rate, this quality attracts a majority of homeowners in installing glazed porcelain tiles for their home flooring. some other features of porcelain tiles are as follows:
- High scratch resistance: These tiles are not easily scratchable and can withstand a good amount of pressure and wear and tear. For places that have a high activity or require tiles for the long term, porcelain tiles prove to be an ideal choice.
- Stain resistance: These tiles don’t get stained easily. Thus, an ideal choice for homes because porcelain tiles will not get stained by homecooked meals or by any other stains.
- Toughness: Glazed porcelain tiles are made by a process called vitrification. The process makes the tile tough for long use. These tiles do not break easily and can be used for a long duration of time.
- Durability: The above features of these tiles can be aggregated for their durability.
Applications of Porcelain Tiles
Glazed porcelain tiles are fit for residential as well as commercial purposes. The quality of these tiles can reflect the various aspects of a space. For home use, porcelain tiles enhance the flooring by keeping it fresh and graceful. The same tile set can be used in commercial spaces, such as offices, to give a professional look.
In either case, glazed porcelain tiles provide a smooth and soothing experience. There are several varieties and sizes of porcelain tiles that are available in the market. One can choose the ideal tile set that complements the space. Various designs are also available and because of the durable nature of glazed porcelain tiles, they can be used indoors as well outdoors.
At Neelson Tiles, we offer different sizes of porcelain tiles for different occasions. Our tiles are available in 300x600MM, 600x600MM, and 600x1200MM.
But, how do you know which size to pick?
We got you covered.
Here is a step-by-step instruction to identify the right size:
- Measure the length and breadth of the space you want to cover with our tiles. In the case of a rectangle, measure length and breadth. In the case of a square just measure any one side. In the case of a circle, find the centre, draw a line to the circumference, and measure it(radius).
- Find the area of the enclosed space. For a rectangle multiply length and breadth. For a square multiply the side by itself. For a circle, use the formula πr2 (pi π = 3.14, r= radius).
- Now that you know the area you want to cover find the tile size that you want and divide the area of one tile by the area you got. The answer will be the number of tiles that you will require.
- The last step is a bit tricky and can only be determined by you. Factor in the waste of tile during cutting and welding and order some extra tiles to ensure that your desired area is covered with tiles.
Significance of Glazed Porcelain Tiles
Glazed Porcelain Tiles are historically important because of their history and origin. These tiles are also aesthetic that blend in with the environment. We, at Neelson Tiles, offer a wide variety of glazed porcelain tiles that are carefully manufactured for both commercial and residential use. Our tiles provide an astonishing look indoors and outdoors. Porcelain tiles are durable and provide an authentic look because of vitrification and the material used.
Neelson tiles manufacture high-quality glazed porcelain tiles. We are a leading manufacturer and we export on a global scale. Our collection has different designs and sizes of glazed porcelain tiles for all types of indoor and outdoor use. Our tiles can be used for every application.
The popularity of porcelain tiles is justified because of the natural look and quality it provides and we recommend our glazed porcelain tiles for high-traffic and long-term use. As Glazed Porcelain Tiles Is Rising in Popularity In Usa We intend to continue exporting our high-quality tiles to countries like the USA, to meet the rising popularity and demand.